[Tutor] file modification dates

Michael McCormick michael@esm-software.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:34:29 -0600

Thanks to Michael Reilly and Denis for their timely and informative
answers. They're just what I was looking for (silly me, I was looking in
the wrong place).

> There is no "creation" time stored with files on a UNIX system (the
> ctime is the "inode change" time of the file on UNIX).

Being pretty new to the UN*X world, I don't have all the terminology or
concepts down yet. Little morsels like this help me get better. Thanks!

Mike
- --
  Michael McCormick
  michael@esm-software.com

      Polar exploration is at once the cleanest and most isolated
                   way of having a bad time that has been devised.
                                            Apsley Cherry-Garrard
                                  _The_Worst_Journey_in_the_World_