[Tutor] (no subject)

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:29:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Furmanek, Greg wrote:

> Interesting post, however ....
> It did not have anything to do with python!!

Well, it is pretty funny: it has to be the first time I've seen
_lowercase_ used to emphasize phrases.

>>> YOU CAN CHANGE THE DESIGN OF YOUR SITE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT with
>>> no extra charge!  UNLIMITED TRAFFIC -- no extra charge!

I guess we could use their post and raise it's Python content by turning
it into a Python example.  Hmmm... let's give it a shot.

###
import string
import sys

def reverseCaser(word):
  if string.upper(word) == word:
    return string.lower(word)
  if string.lower(word) == word:
    return string.upper(word)
  return word

if __name__ == '__main__':
  words = string.split(sys.stdin, ' ')
  words = map(reverseCaser, words)
  print words
###

Let's try it on this sample (because anything longer will cause my head to
explode.)

>>> you can change the design of your site as much as you want WITH
>>> NO EXTRA CHARGE!  unlimited traffic -- NO EXTRA CHARGE!

Well, I admit, it's not much of an improvement.  But even spams must yield
to Python.  *grin*