[Tutor] newbie TK question

Joseph Stubenrauch nothingisgoingtochangemyworld@yahoo.com
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:06:55 -0700 (PDT)

I am sure that the answer is sitting right under my
nose, but I've been rummaging through the oneline
Tkinter documents and can't find a straight answer or
good example.  The solution, I have a feeling, is

I am trying to create an "Entry" widget that takes its
contents and puts them in a string whenever the user
hits the enter key (or perhaps a submit button, but I
am hoping for enter).

In other words, if the user types "wakka wakka" into
the Entry widget at hits enter, it creates a string
(named answer for example) that equals wakka wakka.

The Tk tutorial page mentions get() => string but I'm
not quite sure how to incorporate that and how to make
it a command that is triggered by a button press or
the enter key.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Do You Yahoo!?