[Tutor] OOP book recommendation

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 23:01:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in getting a handle on OOP. I know enough to know how
cool it can be. I'm the kind of person who likes to read a book and try to
absorb the big picture before attempting to implement something so I'm
hoping this group can recommend some reading material.

I'm especially interested in strategies for analyzing a problem from an OO
perspective and deciding how to structure classes and methods.

Alan Gauld recommends:

"Object Oriented Analysis" by Coad and Yourdon
"Object Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications" by Booch
"Object Oriented Software Construction" by Meyer
"Object Oriented Programming" by Budd

Anyone have one to add?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/