[Tutor] Stopping processes on Solaris-2.5.1

sessile@in-gen.net sessile@in-gen.net
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 11:39:59 -0500

A couple of pranksters in my group at work have recently
discovered that when remotely logged into another user's
workstation they can start up various graphical programs
(xclock, dtcalc, etc.) and thereby clutter up the other
user's screen.  Childish?  Yes, but mildly funny when
happening to someone else.  :)

I wrote a little program using Python-1.5.2 to scan for
users other than myself (or root) being logged into my
machine but I haven't figured out how to eliminate any
of the offending processes.  The 'kill' command doesn't
want to stop processes owned by other users so I'm stuck
manually clicking on the windows to shut them down.

Any advice on how to do automate this through Python?

Thanks,
Dean.

--
E-Mail:  sessile@in-gen.net
  "I don't want the world... I just want your half."