[Tutor] btree problems

Todd Martin TMartin@megapath.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:33:40 -0800

I agree, Delphi perhaps makes things a bit too easy. I wouldn't think it to
be so hard to develop an IDE such as Delphi, I wonder if anyone has started
such a project.

-todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Nowak [mailto:hnowak@cuci.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2000 3:22 PM
To: Todd Martin
Cc: tutor@python.org
Subject: RE: [Tutor] btree problems

On 15 Mar 00, at 13:27, Todd Martin wrote:

> I would actually consider Delphi a better learning language and stepping
> stone into OOP. [...]

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that... We have a lot of cool application
programmers at my office, working with Delphi, but they don't know jack
about OOP. I think this is because Delphi lets you get away with only
*using* the already existing objects and components. It doesn't
particularly encourage you to create or derive new classes, and in this
respect I don't see the benefits of Delphi over Python.

On the other hand, Delphi is of course an excellent example about what you
can do with OOP... Maybe someday such a system will also be available for
Python. Preferably affordable. ;-)

--Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon@hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://www.hvision.nl/~ivnowa/newsite/
Python questions? See http://tor.dhs.org/~zephyrfalcon/snippets
You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.