[Tutor] IDLE - working in windows

Charlie Derr charlie@intelligenesis.net
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:08:19 -0500

David Kaye wrote:

|Why do so many on-line tutorials constantly suggest working in a DOS window
|when working on Python?  I'm just learning the basics now and IDLE seems to
|work fine; it allows me to create a new file and save it while my Python
|command line interface is running.  Am I going to run into trouble as I get
|into different programs?

One thing i prefer about the dos prompt  is that i have a history of
commands i've typed available w/the up arrow.  I haven't found that feature
in idle, and while not absolutely necessary it is quite handy to have
(especially
if you make as many mistakes as i do, and would prefer to "edit" rather than
retype.

	~c

p.s. unless i haven't found the keystroke that accesses history in idle