[Tutor] IDLE - working in windows

Gauld,AJ,Alan,NEL1A GAULDAJ R alan.gauld@bt.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 16:19:47 +0100

The old version of IDLE had several problems/bugs in my experience.

The new 0.5 version works very well and I now use it constantly.
Altho' I suspect its still not happy with Tkinter programs
- but haven't tried yet.

But at the end of the day running from a command line prompt is
how the program will be executed ultimately so you still need
to prove it works there. Also for long coding sessions a better
editor than IDLE might be desirable - I use vim... but emacs
or PFE etc all offer more advanced features than IDLE.

Alan g.