[Tutor] complete list of "special" methods

Michael P. Reilly arcege@shore.net
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:53:47 -0500 (EST)

>   I was wondering if anyone knows where i might find a full and
> complete list of any special methods that a python class (module?)
> is capable of having?
>
>   Some of the more obvious are __init__, __or__, __repr__ but i'm wondering
> how many of these there are in total.  A short description of what each one
> is
> would also be helpful (but not necessary).

These are fully documented in section "3.3 Special method names" in the
Python Reference Manual

There are approximately 53 of these 'special methods'.

You can also find descriptions of these in most of the books ("Python
Pocket Reference", "Python Essential Reference", "Programming Python",
etc.)

  -Arcege

| Michael P. Reilly, Release Engineer | Email: arcege@shore.net        |
| Salem, Mass. USA  01970             |                                |