[Tutor] _Teach_Yourself_Python_in_24_Hours_

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 14:37:07 +0100

>> I was planning my own book for absolute programming beginners,
>> and I have an offer to do that. Would you say this makes still
>> sense after your work, or do you know whether someone else
>> is already writing such a thing?
>

> Alan Gauld is writing one, I think.

Yes, Just back from vacation which I spent proof reading
the 'final' (never say final ;-) draft.

I'm hoping it will be out before the end of the year.

Since last mentioned I have dropped the VB and JScript
bits at the request of the reviewers so its now purely
Python(and a couple of other snippets in QBASIC where Python
wouldn't quite hack it - demonstrating GOTO and INKEY$ etc).

I have Ivan's book on order and it should be with me soon
so I'll be able to say how much overlap there is when I see it!

Alan G.

PS. The other book I read on holiday was The Pragmatic Programmer
on Addison Wesley - highly recommended to anyone who has passed
the complete newbie phase.