[Tutor] trig functions

satori satori@dlcwest.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 17:06:47 -0600

Hey gang,

I've looked through a few of the Python books and I can't find this.  Can we
do trig functions (specifically cos and sin) in Python?

I'm doing a school assignment (university), nobody's heard of Python in the
lab
(including the lab instructors) and I can use the language of my choice.
I'd like to use Python if I can.

I want to build 3 3x3 arrays, filling one with data from the user, the
second with answers to trig-based functions and the third by doing a matrix
multiplication (which I will write) multiplying the first and second arrays.

I have the 1.5.2 release for windows.

Any info (and tips) will be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Schubert

PS.  I've already written it and compiled it in C++, and I have the pseudo
code I wrote, but I want to introduce the lab instructors to Python if I
can.