[Tutor] van Laningham's book

Thomas A. Williams Thomas_A._Williams@NEWYORKLIFE.COM
Thu, 11 May 2000 12:16:33 -0400

I can understand the struggle to learn a new language
especially for the first time.  Thanks for the great
feedback from all.  I think what also helps is to work,
code, and study with others.  Going the solo route
is rough and it is easy to go off on a tagent. Many times
I've found myself spining my wheels for days, weeks.

Try forming a virtual team/study group of others
who are going through or may wish to go through
Laningham's book.  Also remember to throw
in plenty of coding time   :-)

I'm a newbie to Python, I've started learning Python
this week from online tutorials.  I'm experienced in C/C++,
SQL, PL/SQL, and Perl.  Learning Python appears
to be enjoyable.

Also where can I find the tutorial "Learning to Program
by Alan Gauld???

Enjoy The Journey,
TomW

---------------------- Forwarded by Thomas A. Williams/NYLIC on 05/11/2000 12:02