[Tutor] freeze

FxItAL@aol.com FxItAL@aol.com
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:09:46 EST

Hello All,

    I've finally finished my timer program and would like to distribute it to
my friends for some testing.  I've downloaded the py152.tar file to get the
freeze.py and much to my disappointment it says:

     "Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to freeze programs that use
Tkinter.  It    *seems* to work, but when you ship the frozen program to a
site without a Tcl/Tk   installation, it will fail with a complaint about
missing     Tcl/Tk initialization files."

    "A workaround would be possible, in which the Tcl/Tk library files are
    incorporated in a frozen Python module as string literals and written
    to a temporary location when the program runs; this is currently left
    as an exercise for the reader."

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks Al