[Tutor] Where is PYTHONPATH set?

Brad Chandler mbc2@netdoor.com
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:24:02 -0600

I've recently installed Python 2.0, an upgrade from 1.6.  I believe I also
had 1.5 on the machine originally.  The systems seems to still be looking in
/usr/lib/python1.5 for the modules, however the new version put them in
/usr/local/lib/python2.0.

I'm trying to get cgi to work and also the postgresql integration.  When I
try to run a cgi script I get an error in my apache/logs/error.log file that
suggests I set $PYTHONPATH to something like [exec_prefix][prefix].  I don't
think that's the exact quote but its close.  I also get a similar message
when trying to install postgres integration (I can't remember the name of
the package right now, it seems that there are two packages that do this,
one of which I had working with 1.6).

With 1.6, I ended up creating a bunch of symlinks, but I'd rather not do
that.  How can I tell my system where to look in /usr/local/lib/python2.0
instead of /usr/lib/python1.5?