Web Scripting with Python. (was Re: [Tutor] Where is PYTHONPA TH set?)

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:45:07 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Doug Stanfield wrote:

> [Before I can hit the send button Deirdre S. imparts wisdom:]
> > I actually use PHP for web scripting and python for all the post and pre
> > processing (i.e. schlepping stuff into and out of databases). The display
> > is all PHP3 because I find it easier.
>
> Which is probably great advice for you, coming from PHP.

Actually, I went the other way. I knew Python two years prior to learning
PHP.

> I personally would look at the various Python based systems that are
> being developed.  One that looks promising to me is:

Noted.

But PHP really IS very much web-optimized, which is why I like it for
that.

"You had thesaurus flakes for breakfast again, didn't you?"
                                                 -- Eric Williams