[Tutor] Simple Question, pun intended :-)

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:58:03 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 FxItAL@aol.com wrote:

>     I cannot fully express my elation at successfully getting simple
> to run and take the first steps to distribution.

Cool!  I'm glad that it's working well.

>     After Simple.py created the distribution files I installed it in a
> test directory, when I ran the .exe the DOS box still appears in the
> background.  What do I need to do to eliminate it?

There's a specific program called 'pythonw.exe' that's designed to execute
python programs without bringing up the dos window.  I'm not sure how you
froze the programs, but see if there's a way for it to work with
pythonw.exe instead of python.exe.

As a first guess, try to rename your python scripts from '.py' files to
'.pyw' files, and apply Simple.py on that.  Perhaps that will
automatically bundle pythonw.exe into your program.

Good luck!