[Tutor] CGI and other stuff

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:24:06 -0500

Hi all.

I'm trying to write a couple of cgi scripts to dynamically create some web pages.  I have finally figured out how to access the query string.  Now I would like some suggestions as to the best way to parse it.  The parsing method as well as the format of the string is completely at my discretion.

Does tkinter ship with python 2.0?  I have a RH7.0 box and I recently built Pyrhon 2.0 but it doesn't seem to have the tkinter module so I can't run some programs I have.  Also, how can I make sure stuff works with and installs to version 2.0?  I have installed some modules (ex pygtk and postgresql-python) but they are in /usr/lib/python1.5/... (where the 1.5.2 interpreter used to be).

Thanks in advance for all of your expert advice ;-).

-D