[Tutor] newbie questions

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:36:31 -0000

> It doesn't seem that hard, but thusfar, I'm only able to get
> os.path to work, and listdir(pathInaVarName)to work.

See the previous reply about using os.stat too.

> I have Mark Hammond's Win32api's
> installed, and it seems like I need to be using something
> called PyIDLobject that a returns GetFileAttributes()function,

I suspect you need GetFileTimes() since thats whjat the Win32 API
recommends for reading times. [The former returns whether its a
read only, system file etc...]

> Perhaps I'm starting off over my head, or maybe I need to
> realize this is all pretty low-level stuff and just get used
> to it being so cryptic.

It is pretty low level but Python does make most of this
easy via the os, glob modules etc.

Alan g.