[Tutor] Class stuff

Richard Wilkins wilkins@iinet.net.au
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 18:17:56 +0800

Hello everyone,

I'm _positive_ it's a newbie question, so brace yourselves.

I have a regular old dictionary called Rooms, and a class called Room.

Room is defined as follows -

class Room:
	def __init__(self,x,y,z):
	self.Position=(x,y,z)
	self.this=self
	if Rooms.has_key(str(x)+','+str(y)+','+str(z)):
		print 'Room already exists'
	else:
		Rooms[str(x)+','+str(y)+','+str(z)]=self

When I create an object it all works fine. When I type Rooms at the
interpreter prompt, it says:
"call of non-function (type None)"

I've debugged it down to the last line, so that referencing the class as
self does not work. I need to know how to reference the class from
within itself. I don't want to have to provide a function that wraps the
class...:(

Can someone please help me with my problem?

Thanks,
Andrew Wilkins