[Tutor] Web client

Denis spirou@aragne.com
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 22:03:59 +0200

Le Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 03:13:11PM +0200, Fredrik Eriksson pianota:
> I want to build a simple web client that logs in to a free web
> service to send a sms. What it need to do is get the first web
> page, fill in the form and send the information, get the next
> web page and do the same thing and then disconnect.
> But this requires a handling of cookies and I can't find anything
> for that in Python?

Everyone here will send you links about cookie.py because you asked
for it. But I think you'd better have a look at httplib and control
the headers yourself.

http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-httplib.html

Tell us what you think of it.

Have fun.