[Tutor] Python 1.6 BUG

Joseph Stubenrauch nothingisgoingtochangemyworld@yahoo.com
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:22:46 -0700 (PDT)

Strange, I have been experiencing the same bug myself.
Here's the low down for me:

Python 1.6 with win95
I am running a little Tkinter program
The command line I use is simply: "python foo.py"
About 25-35% of the time, when I close the Tkinter
window, DOS seems to "freeze" and never returns to the
c:\ command prompt.  I have to ctrl-alt-delete
repeatedly and shut down "winoldapp" to get rid of the
window and then shell back into DOS and keep working.
It's a bit of a pain, since I have the habit of
testing EVERYTHING in tiny little stages, so I change
one little thing, test it ... freeze ... ARGH!  Change
one more tiny thing, test it ... freeze ... ARGH!
However, sometimes it seems to behave and doesn't
bother me for an entire several hour session of python
work.

That's my report on the problem.

Cheers,

Joe