[Tutor] techniques for OO design

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:05:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm continuing to dabble with Python whenever I can. I struggle, as I
suspect many who have worked with procedure programming languages in the
past have, with the implementing OOP princples. I've created a few rather
simple OO programs and I can see the beauty in it.

I'm wondering if any of you can suggest a method (pun intended) for thinking
about how to structure an OO program. I understand that many people work
with UML, but that's more than I have time for right now. Are there some key
questions that can be asked in the design phase? A simple graphing scheme
perhaps?

I'd love to hear what techniques others use.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/