[Tutor] help

R. A. griff@netdoor.com
Mon, 09 Oct 2000 22:04:52 -0500

Richard,

I'm really new at this, too, so someone else will probably provide a
better answer than mine.  However, here goes:

# declare a variable named *animaltype*
animaltype = "feline"
# ask for input, assigning the input to the variable *input*
input = raw_input("what kind of animal is a cat?")
# if *input* is equivalent to *animaltype*, print *that's right*
if input == animaltype:
   print "that's right!"
# otherwise, print *try again*
else:
   print "try again"

There's a slightly more sophisticated example on one of my web pages, if
you care to glance at it:

http://www2.netdoor.com/~griff/magicword.html

Rob Andrews

--