[Tutor] Re: Python Newbie..Info?

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> [...]

Dear John,

Nice to meet you!  (Wow.)  Yeah, the tutorial assumes that you just want
to hit the language features fast; it doesn't provide too much
justification for Python itself.

For that, you'll probably want to take a quick glance at the Introductions
section here:

    http://python.org/doc/Intros.html

It's the section of the page that might be more relevant for you; it gives
overviews, language comparisons, and a lot of short articles that explain
Python's position relative to everything else out there.

Linux Journal hosts an article by Eric Raymond that explains his
enthusiasm for Python:

    http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue73/3882.html

Also, if you want to take a look at code snippets, you might want to
browse through:

    http://www.vex.net/parnassus/

which acts somewhat like Perl's CPAN archive.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us.  Good luck!