[Tutor] Re: A little example for MySql

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Andy Dustman wrote:

> There are actually a lot of things about that example I don't care
> for. One is a gratituous use of try ... except clauses (i.e. the
> except does what the Python interpreter does when there is no except).
> Another is the use of * in SQL and default columns on INSERT. And then
> there are several single-row INSERTs into the same table.

Yeah, I could have used multi-row inserts but I chose not to; I think a
single row insert is easier to understand but, for a simple example,
having one of each might have been a better idea.

Still, either way, the examples (either of ours) are more concise and
comprehensible than what ships with the MySql bindings.

"You had thesaurus flakes for breakfast again, didn't you?"
                                                 -- Eric Williams