[Tutor] Python in windows

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 03:24:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, David Maclagan wrote:

> Can anyone reccomend any primers out there for using python in
> Windows? Particularly the GUI/windowing bits.

Here's documentation on using IDLE:

    http://www.python.org/idle/doc/idlemain.html

It appears to be Windows oriented, so it should help you learn your
editing environment.  Ideally, the tutorials attempt to be os-agnostic and
focus more on the language itself.  Also, you might want to try looking at
the Windows section on Josh Cogliati's "Non-Programmers Tutorial For
Python":

    http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/

Finally, I found another site which goes through a sample "Hello World" in
PythonWin:

    http://www.best.com/~cphoenix/python/

Hopefully, those resources should make your transition to these tools
easier.  Good luck!