[Tutor] generate ascii symbols

Doug Stanfield DOUGS@oceanic.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:31:47 -1000

I'd guess there isn't an existing library of routines to do this.  I may be
wrong about that, but it should be easy enough to do anyway.  I'd say that
its a good task to learn some basics of Python, which I'd assume is the
intent.

In general you need to figure out how to approach the problem.  Do you know
what algorithm you'd like to implement?  In other words, break down the
problem into a sequence of tasks.  Think about what the input is that starts
the process and what is output at the end.  If you can explain that to us we
can help you more easily.  The next steps would be to figure out what data
structures you need to keep intermediate results and specific manipulations
that need to be done.  Again, we can help figure that out and how to apply
Python to do it.

-Doug-