[Tutor] EVENT: Python course in Silicon Valley

Wesley Chun wesc@deirdre.org
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:18:35 -0700

below is an announcement for another Python course i'm giving for
UC Santa Cruz for Fall 2000 quarter. it is targeted for those
who are familiar with at least one other high-level programming
language.

for complete newbies, we are working on developing a course for
those completely new to programming period.  this class is ten-
tatively scheduled for sometime late next year, not to mention a
Python Programming II class, which covers more advanced stuff
that we don't get a chance to address in the first class.

let me know if you have any questions.  hope to see some
of you in class this quarter!!

-wesley

UC Santa Cruz Extension Python course in Silicon Valley, Fall 2000

When:   Tuesdays, October 3 - November 21, 2000, 6:30pm-9:30pm

Where:  Sunnyvale, CA

Who:    Wesley Chun

What:   intro to Python, data types, statements, errors and
        exception handling, functions and modules, OOP and
        classes, execution environment, regular expressions,
        network/Internet programming, interfacing to your
        operating system, creating GUIs with Tkinter, intro
        to JPython, and Extending Python

Info:   for more info, see the UCSC Extension website:

http://www.ucsc-extension.edu/knowledge_is_timeless/qd/softlist.taf?func
tion=detail&X_Number=X444.3

        (if the above link fails, just go to the Events page
        at http://www.python.org )

--
* "Core Python Programming", Prentice Hall PTR, TBP Fall 2000

* Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area Python UG: http://www.baypiggies.org

* wesley.j.chun :: cyberweb.consulting :: silicon.valley, ca
* http://www.roadkill.com/~wesc/cyberweb/