[Tutor] Nondestructive interrupting

John Brawley jgbrawley@earthlink.net
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:28:24 -0500

Yes, Alan.  Thank you.  The suggested method(s) generated a cure, which
I will use.
Of course re: Tkinter:

----- Original Message -----
From: <alan.gauld@bt.com>

Me:
> > tried hard to be as platform independant as possible,
> > and checking for a keyboard press is very platform dependant.
>
> But not too hard if you wrap the program in a Tkinter
> wrapper. Just a very small window which coulkd be iconified
> would do it.

When the script starts looking like a "program," I will of course have
to tackle Tkinter (which I look forward to), but for now I have to make
sure the "guts" of the program does exactly what I want it to.
Designing a Tkinter GUI interface is going to be fun, but it's not
required: basically I'm researching something of extreme importance only
to me.  Yes, there is a small community of people (like, maybe three or
four(*g*)) interested in seeing what the program puts out, but they are
mostly all programmers with an interest in "Elastic Interval Geometry,"
so the one or two also doing Python could use the script/program without
needing a GUI, the ones not can see the image files the others put out,
and I certainly don't need one for myself.

Thanks for the help!

JB
jgbrawley@earthlink.net
Web: http://www.jcn1.com/jbrawley