[Tutor] python on windows / mysql on linux

D-Man dsh8290@rit.edu
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 18:46:05 -0400

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 06:16:36PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
| How can I access a MySQL database on my linux box from my windows box
| using python? Python on the linux box works great.

Does MySQL have something similar to Postgres' "postmaster"?  With
Postgres you set up the postmaster to accept requests and the
postmaster hooks the client up with the actual db.  I haven't had much
experience, but I've read some docs.  I believe the postmaster can
recieve requests over TCP/IP, not just from local clients (after all,
what use would it be if you couldn't have nice remote client-server
connections?).

-D