[Tutor] python on windows / mysql on linux

VanL van@lindbergs.org
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 22:19:43 -0600

> I edited the setup.py file to change the references to d: to c: and then
> from within idle ran 'setup.py build' and'setup.py install'. Both
> printed a 0 (does that mean a successful completion?). But when I then
> try to import MySQLdb it can't be found.

There are two things that may be:

1.  Did you run "setup.py install"?  The built module is not installed by default.

2.  The module is built -- try going into the build directory, and then a
directory called something like
"lib.win32.-2.0".**  Copy all the files in that directory into your pythonpath (or
open up a python interpreter in that directory).  The import should then work.

** This directory name is approximate.

Van