[Tutor] urllib, urlopen and the evil frames

Kalle Svensson kalle@gnupung.net
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 19:50:19 +0200

Sez Glen Wheeler:
>   Anyway, I've gotten past step 1, and I logged in by just passing
> arguments to a few cgi scripts in an order using urllip.urlopen but when I
> get to navigating around in step 2 I just get returned (through ye olde
> urllib) 'blah blah This browser does not support frames'.  So I thought
> 'bah who needs that page anyway' and then tried to access the market
> cgi-script using urlopen but then it spits at me saying I haven't logged
> in yet.

This sounds like a cookie problem.  I had aone like it a while ago, and I
have some extremely undocumented, unsupported and application-specific code
to send you if you're interested.
Basically, I grab a cookie from the login page and then use that cookie to
authenticate myself to the script I want to access.

The frames problem is most easily solved by parsing the html and then
urlopening the frame contents too.

Peace,
  Kalle
--