[Tutor] Idle vs PythonWin Env

Bruce Golling bwgolling@home.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:55:38 +0000

I wonder if anyone can tell me why PythonWin and Idle behave so
differently on my win98 box.  F'rinstance if I run the turle.demo on
Idle, it performs the whole routine.  Whereas on PythonWin only the 3
boxes come up and the prog stops.
The reason I bring this up is that I gave up on Perl because I had such
hard time interfacing with windows.  As everyone here knows that problem
does not exist with Python.
Pythonwin seems to be a little more intuitive for me (I need all the
help I can get), but it seems to more buggy than Idle.
Do I not have my env set up correctly, or something.
Mainly I want to spend more time fooling around with the lang rather
than the ide.
tks
Bruce