[Tutor] Python Advocacy

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:21:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Sheila King wrote:

> Wouldn't you consider the Python dictionaries to be like hashes? (OK,
> I admit it, I really don't know what Perl hashes are...)

No, not really. I mean, you can use them like the simple form of the hash,
but perl hashes get intensely evil.

> Just a note: The sysadmin in question is the OWNER of the web hosting
> company. He works for himself.

Yes, but how successful is it if the owner IS the sysadmin? :)

I like small companies, don't get me wrong. In a different economy, I'd
start one (I was just laid off).

> FutureQuest, http://www.futurequest.net , is a small web hosting
> company that has grown, in about three years time, from one community
> server, to twelve. They offer superlative support, integrity and
> honesty, and a personal relationship with your hosting company. (Um,
> did I mention that I like them?)

Sounds like a great place.

--
_Deirdre   NEW Stash-o-Matic: http://fuzzyorange.com  http://deirdre.net