[Tutor] ool

rob@jam.rr.com rob@jam.rr.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:28:28 -0500

One of the Old Wise Ones may be able to answer in more detail than this,
but I can say that while Python is OOP, it is possible to write simple
procedural scripts such as:

>>> n = 0
>>> while n < 3:
	print n
	n = n +1

0
1
2

This is great, because it enables morons such as m'self to draft simple
scripts that do stuff until we begin to get the gist of OOP. But OOP
runs deep in Python, such that by the time I started to think of coding
in OOP I discovered that Python had snuck it in on me in some of the
built-in parts.

The short story is that you don't have to use OOP to code "hello world",
but merely to do this:

>>> print "hello world"
hello world

Hope this helps,
Rob

--

Useless Python!
If your Python is this useless, we need you.