[Tutor] Python and Speed

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:59:25 -0700

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:15:58 -0600, VanL <van@lindbergs.org>  wrote about Re:
[Tutor] Python and Speed:

:I think this sort of idea would be interesting for another reason, as well:  the
:scripts themselves would be very instructive for aspiring programmers as a example
:"best" implementation of a particular task.
:
:Hmmmm.....

This is a good point, as well.

I'm restricted in my available time, but I'm the one who started this whole
thing (at least on this Tutor list), and I'm willing to do organizational type
stuff, and put up a web page with results and all of the code afterwards.

I'm also willing to help write code, but as a Python newbie, don't know how
helpful that will be. Maybe I could write code for one or two of the suggested
tests, and then post it for critiquing.

Should we take this off-list to some other forum/discussion area? I'm afraid
it may not be on-topic for this list. I'm willing to host a temporary mailing
list, for the duration of such a project.

If enough people respond, indicating interest, I'll start working on this, and
try to drum up some Perl programmers to write the other code.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/