[Tutor] using Python with time

rob@jam.rr.com rob@jam.rr.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:09:27 -0500

I'd like to write a Python app that I can run "in the background" in
both Windows and Linux/BSD/*nix, although it's hardly mission-critical
that this be cross-platform. What I'd like it to do is notify me at
certain times of day (say, at 10:32 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.) or after a given
interval of time (say, every XYZ minutes from the moment the app is
activated).

My practical aim for it is to have a way to remind myself to practice
mindfulness every so often during the day, but I'm also curious how to
handle the timing part of the code. If anyone could recommend where I
can look on the timing part, I'll credit helpful folk when I post the
code to Useless Python!</bribe>

Rob
--

Useless Python!
If your Python is this useless, we need you.