[Tutor] RE: Tru64 tkinter problem

Jonathan Soons jsoons@juilliard.edu
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:36:23 -0400

I am trying to get idle working on Tru64 5.1 Unix running Python 2.1, but
tkinter can not be imported. tcl/tk seems to be installed already.
--------------------------------
Aedin Culhane
Bioinformatics Group
Biochemistry Department
University College Cork
Cork, Ireland

I am not familiar with Tru64 but I was in the same situation as you on
Solaris7 and also on Debian Linux. As the instructions suggest, the
Modules/Setup file is really the key.
It wouldn't hurt to try compiling on the assumption that your tcl and tk
libs and includes are /usr/lib and /usr/include since you seem to have the
same setup as one of my machines.
As for the X11 libs you have to poke around for files with names like
libX*.a or libX*.so and libX*.so.?
I can send you my Modules/Setup files (from both machines) if you think you
might get a clue from them or you might try posting yours.
Good Luck