[Tutor] New to this

Bruce Sass bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:09:34 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Darryl Tidd wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to this stuff.  I'm trying to learn to write some programs in Python, I was wondering if someone could give me some exercises to do.  I.e. I need some ideas on some programs to write for practice in this stuff.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

You could start with a couple of filters;
one to strip HTML from email,
another to enforce line lengths of about 72 characters.
;-)

I think it is most instructive to do exercises from languages you
already know, first, then move onto fresh stuff in Python.
The idea being... you know the how's and why's of those exercises
already, so you can concentrate on the Python translation.

- Bruce