[Tutor] Re: using IDLE and changing variables

Tesla Coil tescoil@irtc.net
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 21:03:15 -0500

On 4 August 2001, Christopher Smith wrote:
> The reason I suggested that it was an IDE error is
> that if it purged memory before running a script
> that you are working on it woud realize that an
> error was occuring.  Here's a really simple
> demonstration of what I mean:
>
> #new script
> x=2
> print x
>
> (when you run this you see "2" printed in the output window.)
>
> #modified
> print x
>
> You still see "2" printed in the output window.

Discussed in the "Up All Night with IDLE" thread in January:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2001-January/003082.html

I've since stopped using IDLE, and apart from the above,
now immensely favor using nedit.  http://nedit.org