[Tutor] Python Books

Brian Dorsey brian@dorseys.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:41:10 -0700

Another data point: (and my first post to the Tutor list. ;)

My experience before python: quite a bit of SQL and a fair amount of VBA (in Access) and VBScript (ASP pages). I started with Learning Python and loved it. The pace and style of writing worked well for me and it's short enough I felt I was actually getting a handle on things. It seems that it provides a solid foundation to work from, teaching the things you'll need to know whenever you write anyhting in python. I think there are several other intro books which cover the same material, this just the one I happened across.

The intro tutorial on www.python.org is pretty good as well... but I seem to need to have a book in front of me to learn... maybe I need a second monitor to show the docs on.. ;)

Take care,
-Brian

PS- Anyone else have any need to send email from Lotus Notes via python and COM?:) I've got a short, simple script working.