[Tutor] Python Books

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:31:38 +0100

> There are so many Python books out there

I think thats better than it as a couple of years ago.
Then  you had the choice of 2 good books and 2 not very
good ones. Now we are spoilt for choice! :-)

> Shall I do the O'reilly's "Learning Python" and
> "Programming Python"?

If you like O'Reilly's style then I'd say yes.
But wesley Chun's book is a good single volume piece.
And if you have a lot of programming experience you
might find Dave Beasleys 'Python Essential Reference
is all you need.'

After all the tutor that comes with Python is very good
and along with Dave's book should be enough for most
programmers IMHO. All the details you could reasonably
want are in the online docs - language reference and
module/library reference.

Alan g