[Tutor] Python Monks?

Rob Andrews rob@jam.rr.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:41:28 -0500

Python Snake wrote:

> Is there an interactive Python community website like Perl's
> www.perlmonks.org?
>
> Thank you!

I haven't seen anything quite like this, although there are a number of
interesting offerings out there.

Here be a Python discussion forum, compliments of oriellynet.com:

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/forum/cs_disc/241

At first glance, it doesn't appear to be experiencing heavy traffic.

I'd love to add more interactive community features to Useless Python,
but development time is a precious commodity. So upgrades happen a
little at a time. I would like Useless to reach a point soon where
people can have a more personalized experience, but keep pointing
discussion in the direction of lists like Python Tutor and others. In
fact, I'd like to at least have a page of links to available lists with
good descriptions to help people decide who to talk to about the
material.

Useless has just about outgrown its current site design again, BTW, so
if anyone would like to contribute suggestions, graphics, or anything,
let me know.

Rob

--
As foretold by Nostradamus....