[Tutor] OOP book

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 18:56:19 +0100

Charlie,

The digest got mangled hence the non tutor routed reply...

If you have trouble with OO in Python its unlikely to be the
python bits since if you know OO the Python implementation
is very easy. Thus I recommend Timothy Budd's OO Programming
book which teaches the fundamentals of OO accurately and
clearly in 5 languages! Once yuou've seen those different
approaches to OO come back to Python (or compare as you
go) and it will all click into place I think.

[You need 5 languages to be able to differentiate what
is really an OO issue and what is just a particular languages
implementation feature...]

Alan Gauld