[Tutor] sockets broken on New Install???

Sheila King sheila@thinkspot.net
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:18:01 -0700

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:50:07 -0700, Sheila King <sheila@thinkspot.net>
wrote about Re: [Tutor] sockets broken on New Install???:

:When I uncomment the three lines for SSL enable sockets, I do make
:install, and then I try make test (this is a fresh install, since I
:started over). The make test command gets almost nowhere. I get the
:following message:
:
:
:[thinker@FQ-Nine:/big/dom/xthinkspot/Python/Python-2.1.1 ]$ make test
:gcc  -Xlinker -export-dynamic -o python \
:                Modules/python.o \
:                libpython2.1.a -lpthread -ldl  -lutil
:-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl
: -lcrypto  -lm
:/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(rsa_lib.o): In function `RSA_new_method':
:rsa_lib.o(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `RSA_PKCS1_RSAref'
:/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(err_all.o): In function
:`ERR_load_crypto_strings'
::
:err_all.o(.text+0x3d): undefined reference to `ERR_load_RSAREF_strings'
:collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
:make: *** [python] Error 1

I finally gave up on the idea of SSL enabled sockets, and uncommented
out the line above that in the Setup file for sockets without SSL
support.

I got compile.

After make test I get this message:

123 tests OK.
16 tests skipped: test_al test_cd test_cl test_dl test_gl test_imgfile
test_largefile test_linuxaudiodev test_minidom test_nis test_pyexpat
test_sax test_socketserver test_sunaudiodev test_winreg test_winsound

So, I guess this is OK. I don't understand why I can't get SSL support
for my sockets, but I guess that is a topic for another day. At least,
now, I should be able to put my scripts back up.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/