[Tutor] Using dictionaries to call functione

Kevin McCormick kev@sat.net
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:14:23 -0500

I have seen several examples of using dictionaries to call functions.  I
believe the function name is the dictionary key, and its values are the
associated arguments.  Yet, I find this method difficult to understand.
For example, I would like to pass a list of words and parameters to a
function, and for each word in the list, call word(parameter1,
parameter2, ...) referenced in a dictionary which somehow calls the
associated function (called a "dispatch table", I think).  What are the
basic concepts of this method?