[Tutor] Mad Villain Seeks Source Review.

Tesla Coil tescoil@irtc.net
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:44:12 -0500

> Well, why don't you try searching by attribute name
> instead of color name?  That way you would only have
> to deal with
> 'color=\s*("([^" ]+)"|\'([^\' ]+)\'|([^"' ]+))'
> instead.

Hadn't considered that--but I'm even less certain what
attribute names might be encountered.  Some would have
'color' followed by intervening alphabetic characters
prior to the possible space (can't afford to be greedy
there) and '=', eg., bordercolordark, bordercolorlight.
Then there's 'text' and, who knows what all else?

OTOH, a Diabolical Plan to Reduce the World Wide Web
to 256 Grayscale would be much less in order if page
source were not such an unpredictable mess. <0.5 wink>