[Tutor] [Q] Newbie's question on Python graphics

Young-Jin Lee ylee12@uiuc.edu
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:07:41 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C12A31.7F38D680

Hi, all. I'm new to Python and I have a question on the Python graphics.
Most of the document I read doesn't tell much about graphics =
programming. I need a kind of 2D drawing functionality, drawing a line, =
circle, and oval, translate them, and rotate them. Is there a good =
tutorial or whatever for this topic?
I also need to know if a Java application can call these drawing method =
through the imbedded Python (Jython module). I heard if the drawing =
routine or any Python routine is dependent on any C API, a Java =
application cannot use it through the imbedded Python.=20

Thanks in advance.=20

Young-Jin Lee

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C12A31.7F38D680

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi, all. I'm new to Python and I have a =
question on=20
the Python graphics.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Most of the document I read doesn't =
tell much about=20
graphics programming. I need a kind of 2D drawing functionality, drawing =
a line,=20
circle, and oval, translate them, and rotate them. Is there a good =
tutorial or=20
whatever for this topic?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also need to know if a Java =
application can call=20
these drawing method through the imbedded Python (Jython module). I =
heard if the=20
drawing routine or any Python routine is dependent on any C API, a Java=20
application cannot use it through the&nbsp;imbedded Python. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks in advance. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Young-Jin =
Lee</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0059_01C12A31.7F38D680--