[Tutor] Making my program an executable/distributable

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:22:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, paul wrote:

> i have asked this question before, about a week or so ago, but i just
> want to re-ask it in case anyone missed it.  i have written a python
> program including Tkinter, and when i used py2exe to convert it to an
> executable, it called for the riscosenviron, riscos, riscospath, and
> ce modules.  is this because of my using Tkinter in my script?  does
> py2exe not support Tkinter?  i'm just curious.  i finally finished my
> program, and i just want to be able to distribute it.  please help?!?!

According to the py2exe web site,

    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

py2exe should fully support Tkinter programs.  Let's see... can you show
us both your script and the Setup.py file you've set up?  I personally
don't have Windows, but many people on the list do, so one us should be
able to investigate this.

Good luck to you!