[Tutor] Re: Help converting strings to floats

Charlie Clark Charlie@begeistert.org
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:45:01 +0200

>> You Europeans just can't do anything right, can you <wink>?
OT: The English still haven't adpated successfully to the metric system
20 years after switching... long term I would expect the "European"
system to dominate...
>> -D
>
>Actually, there is such a converter; it's in the locale module. Just
set the
>locale to something appropriate using locale.setlocale(), then use
>locale.atof() to convert it.
I thought there might be. Bummer that it doesn't work on the BeOS
version which is what I am using for development but thanx anyway.

Charlie